Wednesday, June 2, 2010


I was a very stylish little girl thanks to my grandma...
She was a great seamstress.
I always had very cute little dresses.
I've already informed my mom that she will have to make cute things for my kids.
I loved it when I grandma would come up and measure me, or have a half done dress that I'd have to try on to see where it needed to be taken in. Sometimes I'd get to pick the fabric, or at least a color. I think my mom still has some of the dresses. I should look for them sometime, I'd love to see them.
The more I think about my grandma the more thankful I am to have grown up w/ her being such a huge yet interact part of my everyday life. I was so blessed. I can't even put it into words. It makes me sad for people who are growing up with out an amazing grandma and grandpa. I would go on drives with them, out to eat with them, to church with them, to VBS at grandma's church, shopping for a very particular shirt for my grandpa - and it needed a very particular pocket on the front that had to be the exact right size for his wallet to fit. That particular experience was a little painful for a 6 year old little girl, if I have to be honest;-) Those are the memories I get to have for the rest of my life, though, and that is priceless!

No comments: