Wednesday, November 26, 2008

{Before and After}

This is me and my tummy before the surgery - with my gallbladder

Here I am, about 15 hours later, without all my insides!

It was a good day really. Even though I did have surgery. All the Doctors and Nurses were amazing! I actually had fun. They were some great, great people! There was a different nurse at every single turn and they were all so very nice. The nurses that I had in the recovery room where the same ladies that prepped me before surgery and they were so much fun! It was such a wonderful experience - and I'm saying that about a surgery! I was at Franciscan Skemp - they're awesome:-)

Another huge blessing was my wonderful husband. What a man I have!??! I am so blessed. He was so great about doing everything for me and taking care of so much for me. He even helped me get dressed before leaving, because it hurt to bend over. He took me to the bathroom, got me water, made phone calls and was such a great support. I can't imagine having gone through it with anyone else. He is my best friend and I am so happy about that:-)

Matt's dad came and visited with him while I was under, that was very nice of him and Matt really enjoyed it. My mom came down to do lunch with Matt and then they both came and hung out w/ me when I was in recovery. It was fun to sit and talk with them. I was much more awake and lucid then I thought I'd be:-)

Today I have felt great. I am hoping I don't hit a wall tomorrow. I came home and napped about 45 mins and then our sweet friend, Sarah, brought us dinner! **Thank you so much, Sarah!!** After that Matt and I went to the grocery store to get a few things and then when I got home I made two loafs of bread and two pans of corn casserole. I would have kept going but I decided that might be pushing it, I want to be able to move tomorrow:-)

Posted by Picasa


Raychel Marie said...

I am so glad that everything went well. I can't believe that you had surgery then went shopping and baked all in the same day!!! CRAZY! but you are a tough cookie :)

Anonymous said...

My husband went golfing while I had my gall bladder out. I was so confused when I woke up and didn't know what was going on. I will never let him live that down!!